Team needs 2018 draft

Round 1 Pick 29 (JAX): Evans, Rashaan, OLB/ILB, Alabama (B+)
Round 2 Pick 18: Okoronkwo, Ogbonnia, DE/OLB, Oklahoma (C+)
Round 2 Pick 29 (JAX): Rankin, Martinas, OT, Mississippi State (A)
Round 3 Pick 17: Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: Moore, Tarvarius, FS, Southern Miss (A)
Round 4 Pick 29 (JAX): Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 37: Ballage, Kalen, RB, Arizona State (A)
Round 5 Pick 34: Brown, Andrew, DT, Virginia (A+)

1 Like

I would take WR Ridley at 19 if that’s where we’re at and he’s available. Smooth operator, just the opposite of Dez, and he might be just the ticket for Dak to get back on track.

1 Like

dak couldnt use dez… heck he cant even use the other wrs or tes on this team… id rather not spend a first on a wr… and i do not believe ridley is worth a first round grade anyway… thats just my opinion.

Dez couldn’t produce with Dak. I don’t want a WR in the first either, but constantly trying to harp on Dak not being able to use receivers is not productive when it comes to the draft. We get it, you don’t like Dak, but I think he is a good QB and will be our QB for years to come. Let’s draft him some help.

Terrance Williams caught 70% of his passes, so Dak used him fairly well. So, let’s stop this nonsense that Dak didn’t use other receivers on the team well.

1 Like

Well first off… and many on here remember this… i thought dak was a second round prospect…
I see a guy with alot of good things going for him… but i also see a qb that did not get better in his second season.
Every wr except maybe williams numbers where down. Dak did not play well. Thats a fact.
I blame the coaches on the staff for not having a good qb coach… i blame the offensive cord. bc the scheme in my opinion did not fit dak… and linehan came out and admitted as much.

So no… you dont get it… but maybe now you can have a better understanding.

So before i go spend a first round pick on a new toy for dak… id like to see some improvement… i think thats fair…

And id also be looking for a qb in this draft. Looks like the cowboys are thinking in that direction too.

1 Like

Fair enough about your history on your take with Dak.

And, in my opinion, you would be better to focus on the coaches when talking about Dak’s and the WR’s down year.

Keep in mind, I don’t want a WR in the first round, but we damn sure better spend some resources on WR in this draft. Namely, Anthony Miller in the 2nd and DaeSean Miller in the 4th to name 2.

I’m not spending anything more than a 6th on a QB.

Lamtdg- ya there are a ton of wrs im honestly not worried about it. you are spot on… i have not counted but i bet there are about 12 wrs id be happy with from the 2nd - 4th rounds

looking at this draft as a whole…

there are two edge rushers it would be hard for me to pass up… and that is davenport in the first if he is there… and okorownko in the second…

both would be great value if we could get them at those spots… matter of fact i think okorownko is the best pass rusher in the draft…

but lb… im afraid if we dont get lb first round we could be in trouble… as far as getting an every down mike lb…

edmunds and smith will prob be gone… and i think 19 is too high for evans and esche…

DT taven bryan would be a good pick at 19

2nd round… im looking for guard and wr hard… if we already have our lb…

3rd is where i start looking at qbs… but id rather wait until our second pick of the fourth.

Daurice Fountain in the first round…OK, not really but the shock value was worth it. Just kidding…everybody knows Fountain is not a first rounder…second. When Jerral brings Steven Dunbar in as an undrafted WR, heads are gonna spin.

1 Like

There is no way I go QB in the 3rd or 4th. We have too many holes for to be making up holes to fill that early.

I agree totally. We have great ammunition (except for now wr), but what good are they if coaches and mgmt aren’t doing their jobs and forming game plans and new strategies.That Oline needs to be priority and our defensive backfield. Dak needs help, I like the guy I rrally do, but man those last 4 games I really missed #9. We need another Qb we have Dak, Cooper and??? Is Sanchez still around?? Because the wzy they letting him get hit he’s going to get hurt…

1 Like

there are three positions that you always look at no matter the round… qb pass rusher and left tackle…
If you do not have a franchise qb you keep looking… i dont care if you have a guy you think can be a franchise qb you keep searching. I like Dak but i dont know that he will ever be that… i do think it is possible but i believe we need to keep looking until its proven…

Think about this…

Lets say for instance we take a qb in the third round this year… Dak improves a little but not alot over the next two years and now his contract is up… you can either over pay him big time or let him walk… personally id let him walk… did you see the contracts that where payed out to qbs … i mean bradford!! got like ten mil guaranteed. lol

there are a few qbs i like alot … alot of drafts have them 4th or 5th rounds… that wont happen qbs always go before they should so yes… 3rd or 4th id be looking hard at a couple qbs… the richmond kid… also mike white… maybe fualk…

fountain
st.brown
washington
miller
sutton
chark
get me one of these guys after the first round and that will give us a stud wr… there are more i should have listed but those are a few of my favs after the first round…

I would like something like this…

Round 1 Pick 23 (N.E.): Evans, Rashaan, OLB/ILB, Alabama (B)
Round 2 Pick 11 (N.E.): Okoronkwo, Ogbonnia, DE/OLB, Oklahoma ©
Round 2 Pick 18: St Brown, Equanimeous, WR, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 3 Pick 17: Smith, Braden, OG, Auburn (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: White, Mike, QB, Western Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 37: Brown, Andrew, DT, Virginia (A)
Round 5 Pick 34: Watts, Armani, FS, Texas AM (B)
Round 6 Pick 18: Flowers, Tre, SS, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 6 Pick 19: Smith, Ito, RB, Southern Miss (A)
Round 6 Pick 34: Weathersby, Toby, OT, LSU (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18: Akins, Jordan, TE, Central Florida (A-)

1 Like

the cowboys have one major need for this year… That is LB

They have covered themselves so they do not have to reach on any other player.

LB in the first makes sense but if a guy like DE davenport or DT bryan is there i wouldnt pass on them… id take either… then trade up for a lb even if it meant using picks from the following year.

The thing with lb is it will be really easy to miss getting one i think there are only a handfull in this draft that could be difference makers…

Im betting there is about 80% chance we take lb first round.

@primetime21, just saw a pretty great athletic score for Kylie Fitts out of Utah…you watch any on him? I haven’t yet

no i didnt… i really have not looked at alot of edge rushers in depth… the best one i have seen is okoronkwo…
but im not gonna hang my hat on it too much bc i really didnt break them down this year…

like i said im not gonna take it to the grave but i think if landry gets drafted in the first round he is over rated…

looking like he’s really raw, but could have some talent

thinking he’s more of a LDE though, and we probably have enough of those