Strategy changes?

No problem. Several of the analyst like him too. He keeps climbing the board. But, to each their own…

When I think draft I’m right back where we were at the end of last season. I blame Lee, Tyron, Dez and Prescott for us not making the playoffs. We need quality back ups for Lee and Smith. Dez and his drops are no longer the problem and we have new depth there. Prescott is a wait and see. I want depth and Vea. Oh, forgot, Get me a G or OT. If these dumb turds would have listened to me then we would still have Leary.

Financially it would have made more sense to keep Larry and then draft Martin replacement,

That wasn’t all of it.

Not being able to keep Leary was a direct result of that REDICULOUS contract deal for Crawford… JJ admitted that he only did that to get people talking about the Cowboys… GREAT MOVE LIP-SMAKIN-LIZZARD!!!

2 Likes

I understand we could use a wr… can someone please help me understand how drafting one in the first round makes sense?

It doesn’t make sense in this draft.

Thats what im thinking… but i could argue they normally do this… same situation the year martin was drafted.

Had to trade up… then traded next years first to get back into the first round… also traded down once.
Round 1 Pick 16 (BALT): James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 28 (PITT): Okoronkwo, Ogbonnia, DE/OLB, Oklahoma (C-)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYG): Smith, Braden, OG, Auburn (B+)
Round 3 Pick 5 (NYG): St Brown, Equanimeous, WR, Notre Dame (A)
Round 3 Pick 28 (PITT): Leonard, Darius, OLB/ILB, South Carolina State (B)
Round 4 Pick 16: Hines, Nyheim, RB, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 37: Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 34: Lotulelei, Lowell, DT, Utah (B+)

I’m confused. They normally do what?

the cowboys will take a player whos position is deep in the second third and fourth… but they will take the guy in the first…

like this year its a deep class of wrs so instead of waiting they will probably take one in the first round…

I’m sure I’ll be disappointed with the first round pick. I’m cussing now to get in practice…

1 Like

Hell no. Sorry, but there is no damn way that haul is worth next year’s first. I would lose my shit if we do that.

2 Likes

That’s a really complicated post to address. Outside of RB, can you give some examples?

well for instance the year martin was drafted… i said over and over that it was a deep class i called out tre turner and gabe jackson would be there with our third round pick… but we took martin even though it was a deep draft class… and yes id give the nod to martin as being better then turner and jackson however not by much. but the draft position is vastly different.

Martin is a huge jump over either of those two. He is a perennial all pro. It’s not even close.

That is your opinion but its not backed up by facts

What facts?

Is this any better?
19: R1P19
LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA
50: R2P18
WR JAMES WASHINGTON
OKLAHOMA STATE
81: R3P17
S TARVARIUS MOORE
SOUTHERN MISS