Romo Thinks Dez is Misunderstood

My point is dez isnt a problem child… thus they gave him a big contract… hardy was a problem and they let him walk.

Reading between the lines… the people closest to the situation (cowboys management and the player) Like him… The fans and the media are a different story. So who should we believe…

I have my view of Dez as all fans do…He has serious skills but is immature and is a big time diva (perfect word Bryson, wish I had thought of it). I think Dez is more about Dez than the team (no debate required, I’m locked in on that one). Dez has had a rough life and has raised himself up by his bootstraps. He has come along way but has a ways to go. Hopefully he has some folks that care for him that are not druggies, prostitutes and hanger-ons but that’s not what it is about in football. Remember, Stephen said Dez IS sometimes a distraction. He didn’t say it behind closed doors. I have a hard time doubting what he had to say. No, I don’t think it was a ploy to reduce his pay.

1 Like

That’s my point. NONE of them. Everyone has an angle there, so you can’t take any of them at face value.

I’ve already said (at least 3 times now) what I think of Dez, and it doesn’t fit hater at all, which you said you didn’t mean. This is getting off-topic af rn and I can’t keep replying (work to do), but I don’t want to just leave it hanging either (rude). So yeah, none of them can be taken at face value, period. Reading between the lines, I think Dez is fine in DAL, for now.

Keyshawn Johnson… chad johnson… are divas… they can be winning the game but want the ball… that is a selfish player… a diva…

Dez is a team guy in my opinion and wants the cowboys to win… He can go for long periods of time without alot of production but if the team is winning he is happy for the most part.

Im sure there is some instance where this is not the case… but it is the case 99% of the time.

That may change if the offense struggles again this year… im sure he is and has been pretty frustrated… and for as inmature as he is and was comming out of college i think he has held it in pretty well… in a mature mannor. Even with all the talks of him being out of dallas this year he has been pretty quiet and professional.

Not sure about that prime. I read as much as I can and post even more than I read but Dez has a big time number of fan that love him. I would say more that love him than those wanting him gone. There are a bunch of us that think he needs to take a pay cut until his production picks up.

I agree he needs to take a pay cut. I questioned even giving him that contract to begin with…

Bryson please do not feel you need to respond im sure you are busy no problemo…

Anyway just replying to the topic… Romo thinks Dez is Misunderstood by the media…

I think the cowboys should cut him… his services are under utilized in this offense.

The media has a job to do. I’m convinced many of them do not have a clue. They provide material that includes guesses (mock drafts and so on) and bs to make us think and draw responses whether good or bad. They write to bring traffic to their employer. I don’t think many take what the say as gospel when they talk opinion or what they think. Now, after bashing them, several do the research and tell you why they think as they do. Those are the guys and gals that I enjoy reading.

I agree

Unless Dak suddenly starts being able to place the ball in tight windows Dex will be a huge waste of money. He doesn’t have the speed, quickness or route running skills to get separation against good CBs. Unless he has a QB with Romo accuracy Dex will be underused, overpaid and very unhappy.

1 Like

Dez Is AMAZING and he has soo much heart and so dang athletic. What some of the Anti-Dez peeps do not understand is his dedication. He just like Romo who was also misunderstood are so into playing and getting that win, they continue to play even though they are hurting and then end up hurting more. You can’t gonoff of this past season. Remember Dez was out the majority of Daks rookie season, training camp and this season that just ended is the most they have played together. They need to get used to each other like he and Tony did once they grt in sync with each other LOOKOUT!! Also the plays are still built around Romo but now instead of a passing game they are sticking more to a run game so who gets the ball most is ZEKE and occasionally Rod and Alfredo sauce. #dal ThrowUpTheX

1 Like

Tony Romo: That’s my WR, my WR! You are talking about my Wide Receiver. Sniff, sniff, tear drop rolling down my cheek. My WR!

Cut Dez? No way! Maybe trade him but don’t cut him. Just my opinion, some blame DEZ for not being used right, not his fault or being paid too much (their opinion) again not his fault. I see what I see, a player with a big heart, talented and wants to win.
I have seen Dez get made when the Boys lost a game and he didn’t have the numbers but I never saw him upset after a win when he again did not have they numbers.
I see a kid who came into this NFL to DALLAS with so many eyes on him waiting for him to screw up and he never did. Give me a team of Dez’s and (like Romo) we win.

2 Likes

Nice post… love it

1 Like

Dez’s sideline stuff, I think is way more of an issue to people outside the organization than it is to people inside the organization. Do they want him to play more controlled and have a better handle on his emotions, probably. But that’s easier said than done.

I’m 35 and still have a hard time getting my emotions in check when it comes to things that I’m passionate about.

Dez loves football. Loves winning and hates losing. He is more frustrated by his play than we are, I guarantee that. He has a higher standard for himself and I get the feeling we are going to see a bounce back season from Dez.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s me and some I know will disagree but maybe it has to do with the #88 jersey. Been others who have worn it that have been excitable.

Good example - Irvin (Pro Bowl, GET ME THE DANG BALL)

Bad example - BRYANT, the 1st. Tuna’s pal.
(I believe one reason Jerry drafted Dez was because he had a crap load of Antonio’s jerseys left in stock)

Good example - Pearson (see last years draft)

Example - Sellers

1 Like

Lol.

You might be onto something. We just need to retire the number all together and never let it out of the box.