Romo Thinks Dez is Misunderstood

I love it when the young think they know it all…lmao!!!

They have been a huge problem. Hell, there was even one play this last year where Dez was still yelling at the sideline right before the ball was snapped. That’s a problem.

1 Like

Damn whippersnappers… :joy:

1 Like

Get over it… everyone in the organization loves the guy… just admit you dez haters have been dead wrong and move on!

Haven’t seen one person in this thread deserving of “Dez haters.” Maybe your Dez colored … sorry, coloured … glasses are on too tight! Nothing is 100%, all or nothing. Dez is good, not $16-mil good, not right now. We wouldn’t give DeMarco $6-mil a year and we’re a run-first team. Same logic says Dez is gone (though I know he isn’t, and don’t feel he should be). Dez just needs to step it back up a little.

1 Like

iBryson,well said I have no problem with fans supporting Bryant,but your right being branded “Dez haters” is a bit strong when all that was said about Bryant and his antics are true and as for also being told that we were wrong all along well I don’t think so…and as for him being loved by the whole organisation I’m not so sure.

Outstanding and I wasn’t talking to anyone on this site in general… more so any dez hater out there… and talking about his play in relation to his salary is an entire different topic… one on which I would certainly agree… his play whether it’s due to his talent or talent of the qb or offensive cord. Does not Match his pay check. Therefore it would not upset me a bit for him to leave.

But the topic is if he is a cancer to the team like some want to say… but his teammates do not think he is… fans do… due to the media.

1 Like

Sorry gary didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.

Gary… u say he is a problem bc he gets irritated on the sidelines a few times a year… yet his own team mates like him… they say he isnt a problem or selfish and that he just wants to win… on top of that the team gives him a big long term contract…

So therefore he is not a problem like you think… so you are and have been wrong.

1 Like

My take…AND I’m not a Dez hater either. Dez is good, he is not 16 mil good even though some are saying he is when you look at what other WR’s are getting. Thing is for me, I could care less how much other teams spend. Dez has been a distraction at times and if he wasn’t Stephen would not have put it out for the world to see. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Hey all good mate,takes a hell of a lot more than a robust discussion to hurt my feelings…and for the record I have never said Bryant is a cancer in the locker room.Also as for me being wrong about him and his antics…well then you can call Romo and Witten both wrong as well,the fact is both these guys had problems with Bryant and his attitude…Brien I have never fallen for the Bryant hype I have never thought he is an elite WR and he never will be…and he is no “Alpha Male” as you like to call him…but hey your opinion is yours and it’s all good…

1 Like

I’m not even a dez fan lol!! I just think him being a problem is way over blown! Do we not and have we all not dealt with different personalities with people we work with or even people with in our own families? I don’t like the media I think they over hype things… especially for the cowboys. It’s not like the guy is a gang banger… or a drug user… or a woman beater… To me he seems like a guy that wants to win and loves the cowboys… I think at times he goes about it wrong… and I think he knows that and tries to do better.

1 Like

Let’s not forget who this team is while discussing what players think of each other, because we wouldn’t even know. Yeah, some things are obvious, like Zeke and the o-line taking a vacation together right now. But RKG means never selling out your teammates, or players. Keep that stuff in-house. You have to read between the lines sometimes (not arguing your point, just highlighting that it’s not as clear-cut as you’re making it out to be, Brien).

The debacle on the sidelines between Dez, Witten and Ware is a perfect example of what Bryson is saying. I’ll go to my grave swearing that was not to motivate yet that’s what Witten, Ware and several teammates claimed. Am I calling them a liar…Damn right.

1 Like

Bryson i totally get that and could not agree more. But reading between the lines goes both ways. Romo for instance he didnt have to take up for dez in detail like he did. The cowboys certainly didnt have to give him a giant long term contract… They would not have invested that kind of time and money if he was a negative influence on the team.

Winstar- i still dont think you are understanding my point… First off it is possible that witten ware and team saying that the outburst on the sideline was not what the media was making it out to be…

But more importantly lets say dez was having a breakdown on the sideline… and they took up for him… Reading between the lines says they like dez as a team mate and have no issue with his breakdown therefore are taking up for him…

Men can have an argument and be friends lol Especially in the heat of battle.

Sooooooo if the coaches and his team mates dont have an issue with him… then why the heck do the fans lololol

Yes, they would have. They can’t dismiss a talent like Dez has been for most of his career just because he’s a diva. True #1 WRs usually are divas. Just like with Greg Hardy… problem child they signed anyway because, if they could manage his off-field BS, he brought game on the field.

Romo never had the struggles in the passing game we’re seeing now, so him speaking out for Dez likely reflects his individual history with Dez.

Shouldn’t blur the context of one thing to suit another :slight_smile:
Fact is, we know almost nothing about the current state of Dez’s relationship with the team. Does he have friends? Of course. That’s just as likely as having some enemies on the team. The media gets it wrong, the fans get it wrong. The players and coaches lie and sugarcoat because it’s just not professional to do anything else. Hate to be the guy saying nobody knows, and I don’t either, but that’s often the case with the NFL.

That said, Dez is on good terms by all accounts that aren’t angling for clicks.

1 Like

OMG comparing hardy to dez??

Yes. Both are players. Both illustrate the point effectively. If you took it further than roster management, that’s not on me.

1 Like