Martin Lawrence Irving... pick one to stay on the team

definitely like getting more 100 picks…but to get an extra 2nd, we’d have to trade back a long ways…with the eagles or pats…pats being the most realistic, since they actually have a 2nd this year in that range and aren’t in the division, but if the pats want our spot that bad, it makes me pretty nervous

and I hate trading down that far anyway…right now we’ve got some pretty good depth, but are lacking the difference makers

I know you’re not a huge fan of Vea…but man, he’s an animal. Can’t be singled up, he’ll manhandle a single blocker, even does well against doubles. And that’s purely off strength, I imagine he becomes even better once Marinelli gets him working on technique

1 Like

Perk no id be ok with vea… then turn around and get okorownkwo and run a 34 defense… vea is a NT… ya he can play in a 43 but he is best as a 34 NT… and okorownkwo is the best pass rusher in this draft… yes better then chubb… wait i better go watch tape of chub… ill get back to you on that bold statement…

1 Like

perk my previous mock thats on this site… illustrates a possible trade back gaining extra picks… i like it.

if i could trade back to late 20s and still land one of my guys… evans esch bryan… heck maybe even payne wynn… or mcglinchy… id do it…

id possibly even consider a wr at that point…

chris trapasso and dane brugler both liked my safety and lb rankings…

i bought danes guide and within a couple mins i seen a few mistakes… why can i remember ten yard splits and testing numbers but not remember to put the cloths in the dryer? lol
anyway i pointed them out and he was appreciative.

one of which was taven bryans ten yard split… pretty sure i put down jj watts… bryans was quicker…

late 20s, I think you have a chance for evans or bryan, but don’t think the other 3 will slide quite that far…depending how late

mglinchey is probably the OT that goes prior to 19

I’m thinking I’ve convinced myself a WR in the first, or even 2nd is a bad idea…or atleast not my preference

3rd and 4th will still be pretty rich for WR2s, and next year is looking like it’s going to be stocked with large receivers, making for a better crop to get a WR1 from (to replace Dez…really hope we don’t let him go this year, but don’t see him surviving to next)

thinking, my ideal draft looks something like

1. Vea
  2. Jewel
  3. Tavarius Moore
  4. 2 of Burnett/Gallup/Teller/Sweat
  5. grabbing a TE or RB

Does not the CAP go up every year?

it does indeed, by a fairly predictable amount, and salaries get adjusted accordingly (or even more accelerated than the cap actually is…)

not bad perk… glad im not the only one who likes moore…
i do like st brown and washington as far as wrs go… i think both could be number ones… sutton too but i dont think he lasts to our pick in the second…

you like teller too?

derwin james edmunds i believe to be generational talents… much like myles jack…

i also believe that i should put bryan on that list… He is a force and is just scratching the service…

Round 1 Pick 23 (N.E.): Bryan, Taven, DT/DE, Florida (A-)
Round 1 Pick 25 (TENN): Vander Esch, Leighton, OLB/ILB, Boise State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 17: Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 16: White, Kyzir, SS, West Virginia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 34: Toth, Brett, OT, Army (A)
Round 7 Pick 18: DeLuca, Nick, ILB, North Dakota State (A)

Took a lot to move back up… but i think its a good haul

1 Like

pull the trigger on royce freeman … he is a zeke clone

Kieth Ford rb a &m… dude has nfl starter all over him…

The 55 mil is for 2019. For 2020, where they have around 130 million available, they only have 13 players under contract.

1 Like

Part of the reason we don’t do anything in free agency is because this team and front office doesn’t believe in building through free agents, to their detriment, imo. They’ve not gotten their return on players like Brandon Carr and so they’ve shied away from big spending on the market and choose to draft and resign their own guys. Which is why I think Martin, Lawrence, and Irving will all get resigned.

Irving is a Will McClay find. Can’t imagine he lets him walk.

Im not a fan of guards in the first… or rbs… but as you can see i have common sense.

Round 1 Pick 23 (N.E.): Wynn, Isaiah, OG, Georgia (A-)
Round 2 Pick 11 (N.E.): Jefferson, Malik, ILB, Texas (B+)
Round 2 Pick 14 (CINN): St Brown, Equanimeous, WR, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 3 Pick 13 (CINN): Edmunds, Terrell, SS, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 3 Pick 31 (N.E.): Brown, Andrew, DT, Virginia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 36 (CINN): White, Mike, QB, Western Kentucky (A-)
Round 4 Pick 3 (HOU): Kelly, John, RB, Tennessee (A+)
Round 5 Pick 34: Toth, Brett, OT, Army (B-)
Round 6 Pick 19: Wells, David, TE, San Diego State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 34: Neal, Siran, SS, Jacksonville State (A+)

I will take Lawrence IF he has another great year. I strongly disagree with tying up so much cap space with the OL when there are so many other areas of need.

here’s a question, similar to prime’s idea of not having to re-sign Martin if we get a great OG this year

but if we do take Wynn in the first…do you try to trade Martin?

could you get a first round pick for him?

scott… i dont disagree with tieing up money with the oline… but then dont turn around and draft a rb with a top 4 pick! that makes no sense what so ever… even if you do feel like eilliot is an elite rb… which i do not.

But i totally get where you are comming from… this team needs to be more well rounded… and i actually have a plan to beat the cap… but it all hinges on qbs… and qb coaches… what if we could draft a qb this year that ends up being better then dak… thats four more years without paying top dollar for a qb… not saying its a 100% gonna work you have to find the right guy… but that wouldnt stop me from really looking at those qbs in the third

Perk if you can get as much as a second you trade him… if you cannot you let him play out the year and hopefully with a great oline we can win it all… even if he walks we will get a third round comp… so ya maybe just take a first or keep… idk… im a big fan of second round picks but dallas isnt good in the second round.