Martin Lawrence Irving... pick one to stay on the team

Brien, if it were up to me and there is a QB I like I would snap him up. It is Always wise to have good backups, and even better if we can have two good QBs and trade one. They are always more expensive than any other position and frequently not worth it. Just look at Cousins, IMO he is slightly above average and he is commanding HUGE dollars. WAAAAYYYYY more than what he is worth…

2 Likes

The identity of your football team is in the offensive line and the running game. Until you decide to change your identity to a defensive team or a passing team, you have to keep adding assets to keep your identity.

Build the offense and then build the defense to play against the pass. Invest in pass rushers and defensive backs like they’ve been doing.

Get a lead and kill quarterbacks.

first round guard is not a great pick no matter how you slice it.

I disagree. If you have a Larry Allen sitting there in the first round are you going to pass him up? Not if you want to keep your job for very long …

1 Like

I understand what you are saying bleed and i agree… but i also want to point out larry was an OT starting off… and i hold more vaule in that position.

How can you say G or any other position is never great. Greatness is IMO the value to the team in an area of need. An above average G would be great compared to any WR or RB to the Cowboys.

ok winstar drafting a guard in the first round isnt a good idea most of the time… is that better… like 99% lol

and i say that bc every single dam year there are stud guards going 2nd round and on… i know this bc i look all the time… i go back over past drafts to learn… same with rb…

im not saying never take on ever… im saying most of the time its better value to wait…

for instance indy needs a rb… they can take guice in the first… or they can get chubb michel penny or whoever in the second… thats my point…

for instance this year… why take a wr first round… when there will be plenty after… the difference is that is how the guard position is alot of the time.

In my book you grade out all the players (with emphasis on character and intelligence) and when it is your turn to pick you take the highest rated player in a position of need, regardless of their position. And if the BPA is CLEARLY the best on the board you take him whether you need that position or not. The only exceptions to this are if the BPA is a kicker or a full back.

scott thats how the cowboys have been doing… hows that working out… its more complicated… you have to know the draft as a whole

I would highly disagree that they are placing emphasis on intelligence and integrity …

You gotta admit things have got better since McClay has set up the board. I can’t prove it but I still think Jerral reserves the first and second round for himself. I’ll never believe McClay signed off on Jaylon in the second round.

last year was the smartest draft i have seen from this team since i started following.

Yep, and Hernandez is a damn beast.

iamtdg, Have you found a place to watch the War room yet

Sorry, just now seeing this. The link to watch the war room cam is http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2018/04/26/draft-day-live-war-room-cam.