Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Hi my name is Walt (or Tlaw) and I am a Dallas Cowboysaholic.
I had my first sighting of Cowboys football vs the Browns back in the early 60’s when my Uncle drove us home from Church. He came inside to catch the scores. He was a Browns fan. I didn’t know football yet. I asked who the other team was and he said the Dallas Cowboys. Well I knew John Wayne and he usually played a Cowboy from Texas so I feel in love with my Boys that day.
I guess it was meant to be any way, see I was born 12/28/1959 (same as Everson Walls)
under a star out of the east, Troy NY home of Uncle Sam. I did not know it at the time but my Mom told me 3 wise men showed up at the hospital. Their names, Schramm, Landry and Brandt.
They told my Mom this boy is special and one day he will grow up and do something during a moment in Cowboys history.
Well skip forward to the Jason Garrett’s Thanks Giving Day Game vs the Packers at Texas Stadium and at half time I kicked a 25 yard field goal during the American Airlines & Dallas Cowboys Kick to Win contest. I remember Jason’s wife saying just throw it up to Alvin. I got about the same advice from a Stadium security guard, who said JUST GET THE BALL UP HIGH IN THE AIR AND IT WILL CARRY. I did and it did.
But one of my best achievements was buying an autographed copy of Bob Lilly’s book REFLECTIONS (for $5 @ the Stadium gift shop) and spending the next 15 years, 1995-2010 getting it signed by just over 100 Dallas Cowboys players and coaches from back in the days.
Two of my favorite signings. Picture of Ralph Neely smoking, he writes I do not smoke any more. On the very next picture is a picture of Blain Nye drinking a beer, he writes I still drink!
Well that about does it for this married 34 plus years, father of 2 dogs Blue n Scout recently retired from the NY State Div. of Veterans Affairs, Dallas Cowboys faithful.
Remember this, a Cowboy fan from MA named DELZ told me, “I don’t root for the star in the helmet, I root for the STAR on the helmet.”

GOD BLESS & GO COWBOYS!

p.s. THANK GOD FOR OUR SOLDIERS and VETERANS

4 Likes

Walt…what a great story thanks for giving us all a great read…and yes I to have been a fan for nearly 50 years…and I also root for the “Star” on the helmet

2 Likes

THANK YOU. I love that saying, wish I thought of it myself. Have not heard from DELZ in years. He was always a good post and good guy. I believe the statuette on the saying runs out in another year and then I can claim it as my own if I don’t hear from DELZ by then. LOL

3 Likes

The manifesto of Mr. Law
giphy

2 Likes

CATCH you have a talent for the video clips! Love it and you my friend.

2 Likes

Now hold on there pal LOL!!!

Hey if I hold it any longer it’s gonna grow on ya!

1 Like

My name is Ron…and I’m a Cowboyholic. >everyone< Hi Ron!

I watched my last game in December…I’m so ashamed!!!

2 Likes

Hey everyone!! My name is Veronica I am 48yr old single mom of 2 beautiful girls 21 & 13yrs old and my 1st grand daughter will be 2 next mo. I have been a Cowboys fan since I was 6 (my grand baby and I are the only Cowboys fans in the family…we’re the intelligent ones lol lol) My dad used to tell everyo e before he passed away in 2011 that I was the closest thing to a boy he ever had I was the tomboy. I love talking football I could do it all day and never get tired. You all are so lucky to live close to the stadium, I am born and raised in Palmetto,Florida the closest Ihave come to a Cowboy is 5yrs ago Mike Jenkins came down with Dominique Rodgers Cormartie for a Celebrity Basketball game that he throws every year and I got my picture taken with him found out he’s a fellow lefty. I love the whole team past and present some of my all time favorites are Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Bill Bates, Everson Walls, Drew Pearson Ed Jones, Jay Novacek, Danny White (Sorry haters of Danny I had a crush) Randy White, Michael Irvin, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Jason Witten Tony Romo, Dez, Taco Cole Beasley, I could go on and on nut I will end up forgetting someone lol lol. I love the unity and brotherhood. I follow on Twitter and Facebook all sorts of Newsfeeds andbone thingbthat just made me Love our team more than I already do was watching a video in which 3 players gave their lives to Christ and were baptized. That just made me beam even more with pride and joy soo proud of these men Welcome to the flock. I think I am starting to ramble :joy::joy: I told y’all I could go on and on :joy::joy::football::football: Thanks for having me on here and if I ever get my own house and my Cowboys Woman Cave you are all invited!!

7 Likes

Everyone that knows me (here and off the internet) calls me Perk. Have been a Cowboy fan since I started learning what football was. Up here in Montana (where we don’t know nothin’ bout fooseball…) I often get asked how in the world I became a Cowboy fan, well Grandma was a Cowboy fan, and I grew up in the 90s, so it was easy to catch on with her. That said, I think at this point I’ve ridden out long enough to outlast the idea of being a “bandwagon fan” (correct me if I’m wrong, lol).

Jason Witten is my favorite player, former and current. He embodies everything I could imagine wanting in a football player. Was never the most athletic on the field, but puts in incredible amounts of work to overcome that and become one of the best all around to ever play the position. He plays with class, doesn’t showboat, is all about the team. Never hear anything negative about him off the field either. I’ve heard a number of former players also embody these qualities, but hard to develop the same affinity for a player you didn’t get to watch live. Still have a ton of respect for those players though.

I’ll root for any and every player that wears the star, but I don’t necessarily like them (i.e. t.o.). JJ can do a much better job managing the football side of the team, but I find it pointless to continue to rail on him for being the GM, it’s not going to change.

Really glad to be here, and looking forward to the discussions we’ll have here.

5 Likes

Damn bandwagon fan…tell the wife I said howdy…

4 Likes

So Veronica…wink wink…who needs Betty when we have a Woman Cowboys fan online!

3 Likes

:massage_woman::muscle::muscle:

freeb’s my name, my hs nick. Glad I found this site, I see a lot of the old curmudgeons :wink: here from the Cowboys website, it’ll be good to reconnect with some of the old crowd. Too bad the Cowboys got rid of their forums, what a crappy way to treat their fans. Look forward to the new season, go Cowboys, get her done. Been a fan for 51 years, I’m 56. Miss the glory days of the 70s and 90s, looking forward to adding another good stretch to go along with those Super Bowl wins soon.

3 Likes

The old site started out saying it was closed due to the lack of traffic and new social media sites taking away from the active members. Now it is being blamed on the negative remarks. Broaddus is rumored to have said that closing the forum portion was the smartest thing they have done and should have been done sooner.

1 Like

Welcome …freeb

2 Likes

good to see some of the old faces making their way over here

2 Likes

Welcome, Freeb! Hopefully others agree with you. I can definitely see why they closed it, but then again, it wasn’t costing them anything to keep open. Social networking has hurt forums a lot, but maybe there’s still room for them. Thanks for checking us out.

@Winstar Traffic is an issue, but so are the trolls. With less traffic, the trolls stand out a little more.

2 Likes

good to see ya perk, thing’s will liven up with the draft almost here

Thanks Bryson, good to be here