Dez Bryant

I loved Dez, but this was a smart move. The run game is what makes our offense tick. PIcking up a solid left guard would make more of an impact on this offense than Dez or any of the wr in the draft IMO. Plus with Dallas eating all the dead money this year it feels like Dallas will finally take control of the cap next offseason.

2 Likes

I think moving La’el back to G will make the line more effective, I think we acquired a few good OT’s for RT. Give it to Zeke 2 or 3 times a series and play action the hell out of the opposing team. Dak’ll have better protection. Seems to me he felt a ton of pressure from feeling forced to throw to Dez, but the chemistry just ain’t there between those two. He throws a much better ball to the other receivers from my memory, and with the new WR’s we’ll have, that special magic connection Dak doesn’t have with Dez might be found between Dak and one of new fellas. I’m optimistic

Walt …thanks mate…hope you and yours stay safe and well also…and great news on getting the all clear and a 5 year clearence…

this was big, and very surprising to me

to be honest, @Iamtdg is probably on to something now…we might very well be looking to re-sign all 3 of Lawrence, Martin, and Irving with that move

1 Like

well, I guess if you’re going to detail it perfectly…

Would you post where I can understand what the hell your trying to say…I’m old.

lol, not sure what you mean…are you saying you’d like me to use the quote function instead of just the reply?

What does detail perfectly mean…

detail the reasons behind his release in a perfect manner

DEZ: I would like to play for NY.

B. Marshall: Sorry baby bro we have enough WR’s in NY.

NY Giants: Sorry Brandon we have an opening at WR cause you can go back to Inside the NFL on HBO.

SNAP!

2 Likes

@Ted Nguyen…No shit sherlock…Now tell me about all the placements that hit him in the hands and yet they still found their way to the ground or INT…I’m waiting…Prescott had issues for damn sure but let’s tell the whole story.

5 Likes

went back and watched that “every Dak to dez incompletion” video…the blame assigned by the creator is clearly slanted for dez

that said, it looked about 60/40 Dak/dez at fault from my viewing. There were plenty of throws that didn’t look any different than ones Romo would throw up that would fall incomplete. Both looked really poor in their ability to connect. That denver game for Dak though, that was horrific.

those two had a hard time getting on the same page for two years. The chemistry was lacking the whole time.

Dez dropping balls that him in the hands or slowing up on routes, that is what got him released. If you are a 16 mil a year cap hit and you are slowing up on routes over the middle, you don’t have a place on a Jason Garrett roster.

As a leader in the locker room, if you aren’t giving your 100%, then the people that follow you will think they don’t have to give their 100%.

2 Likes

In Dez defense it has to be extremely frustrating knowing that even if you DO get open your QB will not hit you in stride, if at all.

Dez was never a great route runner, so it’s hard for a qb to know where he will be, on the other hand, Dak did struggle last year. No single person is to blame.

But for this reason I REALLY hope cowboys don’t pick Sutton in the first two rounds. It at all really. He is Dez Bryant but less explosive. Moore, Ridley, or St. Brown make more sense to me.

1 Like

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article210214504.html

They should have watched the tape BEFORE they gave him the 70 million contract. Nothing changed during his career. He was never a good route runner and he frequently failed to get separation. The better CBs in the league have been able to take him out of the game. That is why I was in the camp of keeping Demarco and cutting Dez when the time came.

2 Likes