Dallas Cowboys: Which Dak Prescott will we see in 2018?

I disagree, he was indeed more than anyone expected him to be. That team won because of him as much as anyone else in the team, and most certainly not in spite of him.

1 Like

I did not say they won in spite of him. That would be if he played badly. He did not.

And, that part is on the FO. But, there was zero adjustment in that game to give him help. That is on the coaches.

1 Like

My question in the Atlanta game, why not help the young LT? Move the TE over to help or have the RB help? Just enough to slow him/rush down a lil.

Spilt milk.

Live and learn.

Hinny sight.

Next time.

GO COWBOYS!

1 Like

If we aren’t the worst team in the league at making adjustments, either from season to season, week to week or in-game, then I don’t know who is …

1 Like

If our team had actually valued defense we might have been able to do the same. When you plan to win every game by putting up a bunch of points and one of your best players misses 6 weeks or your QB has a crappy stretch YOU LOSE.

Scott: I have been in Jason corner from day one. I don’t believe he back stabbed Wade. I believe IF some of the plays he called worked ( player miscue) he would have a better record as a HC. But I agree, adjustments do not seem to be in Jason play book. If they are, I don’t see them. I still like the guy and will always root for him butt I do at times want to kick him in the a s s and ask WTF.

1 Like

I LIKE Jason, but I think he was better as an OC. I have not been happy with our offense ever since Linehan took over. We still have problems with adjustments though.

He’s been asked for the past 3 seasons about in game adjustments. He was asked last season and replied “they’re overrated” I’m not sure what this mans malfunction is…he played for Jimmy! Anytime players come out clowning your game plan like Roby the corner from Denver, or Clayborne from Atlanta. They laughed at him!

I was happy when he won COTY, but he;s got to figure out a way to shake things up.This draft shows another direction which is promising. Lets’ hope the coaching evolves.

Which reminds me, everyone was killing Dallas for not making moves in FA. Look where they are now with Austin etc…no one has much to say

1 Like

We’ve been complaining about him for how many years now?

IMO Tavon Austin is just another Brice Butler. He has been in the league for years and the ONLY place he has made an impression is kick returning. I would have rather kept Switzer. Is that DL we got from Oakland going to be any good?

I think the best example of in game adjustments I have seen was when Dallas was playing NE and we came out in a 3 man front on defense and confused them. The pats made good halftime adjustments and our guys just couldn’t adapt. That was when the problem was first noticeable, the Foreskins game was just plain rubbing our faces in it.

1 Like

I think they want to use Austin like Lucky Whitehead. Butler couldn’t do that. I dont expect much from the D Lineman

1 Like

just another waste of a roster space, imo. He can’t catch and you are going to keep him on the roster to run a couple end arounds per game? For every good move this team makes they commit two dumb ones.

They claim he’s a RB now

I know my answer to this. Are you ever going to give it to Austin when you could give it to Zeke? Not me. At this point in his career I don’t believe Austin is any quicker than Zeke and Zeke is twice as powerful…

You know how I feels about Zeke. I wouldn’t mind seeing some misdirection though. I’m sure seeing both of them in the game together puts pressure on a D. But no…Zeke is the man

if they wanted to have something to take the heat off Zeke a QB that can hit a receiver more than a few yards downfield would be the best place to start…

That’s been my biggest gripe with the O from the door. Even with Romo (I still believe it cost him years) 3rd down they run these slow developing routes where the QB is holding the ball.

Teams figured out how to bracket Dez, Terrance couldn’t always win, and Bease got beat up. The refs saw it and allowed the Bease abuse to happen

Yeah it would REALLY be nice if the officials called the game the same way for the Cowboys and their opponents.
It is a real shame about TR. I think he is the best thrower the team ever had and JJ and Co. failed to give him a team he could win with. Some years was just plain bad luck, but better management can reduce the effects of bad luck.

1 Like