Dallas Cowboys: Which Dak Prescott will we see in 2018?

So, you tell me to negate the Philly success plus the NE success when I’m trying to back up my statement? A little unfair isn’t it?

No. NE isn’t about luck as much as it is Cheatin’ Bill Belichick. Take that away even, and no play-caller in the league is as unpredictable as him. That gets you some wins right there. But screw it. I’ve reached my fill of arguing for the sake of arguing. Have a good one, dude.

I’m not arguing for the sake of arguing. I’m bringing valid points to the table. You just don’t want to hear them. lol

So, just to be clear, you believe that Garrett and Linehan are good coaches and not to be held at fault for our failures?

If that’s what you saw clearly, then I’m incapable of making the point to you.

Then you place full blame on the FO. This is where we disagree. While I do 100% agree that the FO has not provided sufficient depth, the coaching staff has done nothing to use the depth given to make the team any better then starters were out. Philly lost half their line and their starting QB and won it all. There is something to be said for coaching his that instance. Good coaches have long hauls of success by doing just that.

Now you’re literally putting words in my mouth. haha

At least take me to dinner first…

So, you do place partial blame on the coaches. IMO, at least half is on them. Mostly Garrett and Linehan.

Look, I put blame on the whole system. It goes all the way back to CFB scouting. Green didn’t suddenly suck ass, he was always that guy. Who missed it? I don’t know (and neither do you). Someone did, a few people probably, but every defender is different too. I guess my issue here is the blanket approach to assigning blame. Too many variables for that shit.

And that doesn’t get into the factors Green himself created. Sometimes a guy just doesn’t execute, has all the skills and training but doesn’t apply them right. Nerves are a common reason, for instance. Maybe Green looked right in practice, we don’t know. What we do know is that Garrett and Linehan took too long to adjust, and then took too long to adjust again when the first approach didn’t work.

Wanna play the blame game? That’s fine, but be specific.

The whole point here was that DAL did have a good first half of the season at QB, which is the topic, except when Tyron and/or Zeke were out. That affected Dak’s performance in a huge way, and not least of contributing factors was how the absences were handled during games, like ATL.

2 Likes

So, we both believe it was the coaches and FO both that are to blame. Then, why are we arguing? lol

Now you see my frustration…

They went 5-3 the first half of the season even if they did have red zone issues and lost two games where they scored 30 points against the rams and the packers.

Injuries were the story of 2017 and they didn’t have the depth to withstand those injuries.

The first half of the season’s story was told by the injuries to Sean Lee and Anthony Hitchens.

The Second half of the season’s story was told by the injury to Tyron Smith.

They totally should have given Chaz Green more help in the Atlanta game. That was a dire mistake. Atlanta was also a good team. It wasn’t like they lost to a bad team.

I want to thank you guys for finally showing up! I love these debates! John Williams you’re wrong so there…lol

ATL being good doesn’t ease my angst…it just angers me even more. They need to win those game

There’s no one here that would have taken foles to lead a team through the playoffs to a SB victory last offseason…and no one in the NFL either, otherwise he’d have already been starting somewhere

There’s a good portion of a SB season that is luck, and they got lucky that their depth was capable of playing to the level they did

the coaches help quite a bit with that, but not even bellicheck could have turned Green into a starting LT last year

1 Like

All true facts!!

Like I said before, as big of a goofball Doug Peterson is he made two important adjustments. He changed the offense to fit Foles, and made adjustments the Pats didn’t see during the SB

Not sure how anybody can say coaching didn’t factor in the debacle of 2017. Yet still narrow it down to injuries. Linehan ran the same plays with Morris Like Zeke was the RB. One’s a downhill runner and the others a cut back runner with better vision. I can go down the list of questionable decisions and game plans (or lack of) but I’d be here all day. Now, it’s either arrogance or stupidity. My guess it’s a little of both.

1 Like

You guys have a lot more faith in Dak than I do. Of course I didn’t have the expectations of him that a lot of his defenders have (had). I said when he was drafted that he wasn’t very accurate and sometimes made bad decisions (all QBs do, I know) I repeated that when he was near perfect during '16 reminding all of you about what average means (not that you can expect AVERAGE play each game, but that there will be good games and there will be bad games) And that sometimes it extends to entire seasons. 2017 was NOT good. I KNOW I KNOW some of it was on the coaching staff, but when Dak has time and space to make plays and badly misses the receiver it is on no one but him, and I saw a lot more of that than I wanted to see in 17. Damn, it seems like it has been along time since we were eliminated …

they also didn’t ask Foles to be more than he is. They had a good enough team to win as long as he didn’t beat them.