Dallas Cowboys: What Saves Jason Garrett

Thanks Perk that ATL game was a point I missed. Bleed, you said the play calling was the same as 2016…EXACTLY!!!

Defenses found out you bracket Dez and beat up Bease you can concentrate on the run.
Witten was just to good to stop, but he was obviously slowing down too.

I want more creativity from both sides of the ball, not the same old ****

Adrian Clayborn.

1 Like

who?

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

The play calling was exactly the same from 92-96. The difference was they executed correctly. I would like to see better play calling too, but no matter how genius the concept of the play is it can be ruined by lack of execution. No matter how basic the play it can succeed with proper execution. The players are most responsible FOR THE outcome of the play and THE MOST responsible person on the team should always be your QB. I don’t criticize for bad throws under pressure, just bad throws made with time and space. Hopefully I won’t have anything to bitch about this year

While I agree and understand your comparison of the 92-96 teams, I think it’s time DC fans let that era go. As much as I loved that team and Emmitt, they were a different animal. We may never see that again.

The NFL has changed, and those SB teams were way more talented

1 Like

precisely, it’s a completely different league than it was 20 years ago

It IS a different league - No defense. So proper execution on offense means more success vs the defense. All that being said, throwing the ball ON TARGET is exactly the same as it was in the 90’s, the 70’s and the fifties. Either the ball is well thrown or it isn’t. I saw a lot of poor throws last year.

I think we all agree that Dak has all the other QB tools. Size, smarts, toughness, leadership, etc. Etc. There is a reason he was a 4th round pick and not a first round pick - ACCURACY!!!
The guy I saw last year was the same guy the scouts and I saw in the NCAA.
I will be happy to be wrong.

Good news. I believe you have happiness in your future.

the games betweeen denver and atlanta, he was 88 for 137 (64%), 1023 yds, 11 TDs, 2 INT, 7.8 YDs/att (for you dink/dunkers, brady was only 7.9 on the year…), for a passer rating of 108.6

stop ignoring the impact of losing Tyron

1 Like

I wasn’t ignoring the loss of Tyron. I posted at least twice that I didn’t fault QBs for bad throws UNDER PRESSURE. The ones where he has clean feet and a pocket and he still missed badly are the ones that concern me

whether there’s actual pressure or not becomes quite irrelevant once you lose all confidence in the OL protecting your blind side

I also remember tipped passes for INT’s by Bease, Dez and two in a row by Williams… I don’t want to feel like I’m defending Prescott, he’s not perfect. I felt like he was pressing mightily and eventually the pressure of being a DC QB would get to him.

Like others have said, at least he’s strong mentally

I know it sounds like I am dogging him, but I am not. I think he is a great guy and a good QB, I just have my doubts that he can play consistently well for 4 consecutive playoff games. With him at QB I think a first round bye week is vital to any chance at a championship. And even then I am skeptical about him being good enough three playoff games in a row.

I agree with you all about Dak having a strong mentallity and that’s why I’m confident he will overcome all his weaknesses, but most of all, with that new G, confidence on your OL won’t be an issue. Now, chemistry with your WRs will play a big part, but then again Dak is aware of all the bads that surrounded his season so I’m expecting a good outcome as soon as training camp. He is not lazy neither. I give him a go.

Off topic, if you need anymore proof Roger Goodell and the NFL gets hard when a DC player does something. They slide out this story about Nigel Bradham on the down low getting suspended one game for an undisclosed incident in 2016.

HE PUNCHED A DUDE IN A CLUB WHILE INEBRIATED!!! DOESN’T THIS SPEAK TO PLAYER CONDUCT?!!

So let me get this straight, Zeke gets 6 games with no evidence, Eagle player gets ONE GAME when he attacked a smaller man! GTFOH!!!

Hell, Zeke got suspended for 6 games with no evidence, and Winston was able to get his down to just 3 for abuse by only “negotiating”.

1 Like

Hey catch, while I agree that there is considerable bias against the boys, I do have a reason why 6 vs 1. Zeke supposedly attacked a woman and Bradham hit a man in a bar. Big difference in public opinion. Now ask me if I think public opinion should have ANYTHING to do with administering the rules …

1 Like

total BS. If Zeke DID do it that was his first misstep. This isn’t the first time Famous Jamous has done something Heinous …