Dallas Cowboys: What Saves Jason Garrett

They can be fickle at times. I’m not even going to mention the ones who call themselves fans, yet hope for the worst every time

1 Like

it’s usually not on purpose, it just happens…lol

1 Like

screw them

1 Like

Kinda what I’m thinking too.

1 Like

That was just one more wedge between me and the sport I used to love above all else. It seems like last year was just one thing after another. It is getting harder and harder to root for a poorly managed team who also has the league working against them anyway. This may not be a make or break year for Jason, but it well could be for me.

1 Like

I would rather we argued than agree every time. That’s just boring

1 Like

whats up with this thing today??? Every time I try to respond to Catch is says incomplete sentence, do I want it that way, then I say yes and it doesn’t post… In any event … NO IT ISN’T

1 Like

Well a new whole team is being constructed (they already had the OL), so JG has a couple more seasons to have a run in playoffs. If he can´t, then his days are counted. Having said so, I don´t see an implosion with this team, even on paper seems better, despite the question mark at WR-TE, Zeke and the OL can carry the team on their shoulders. On the D side things look promising, starting with an stronger LB and CB corps. My only worry is a healthy Lee. Hope we can count with Irvign and Gregory at some point of the season.

1 Like

Hey Hector, We are only going to go as far as Dak can take us. The NFL is too competitive to have success with a one dimensional offense. Even the years when NE and Green Bay won they had adequate running games. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the last time someone won the super bowl without a passing game was the Ravens and they just happened to put one of the best defenses EVER on the field that year.

2 Likes

Iamtdg, after a couple of seasons your prediction seems very plausible, also accompanied with SJ taking full control of the team. Good prediction indeed.

Right on Dak assessment Scott, but don´t forget that Dak is also depending on coaches improvement, he must have better plays to run and also calls form the sidelines. Dak is very aware he is not only fighting for a contract, but also for a future different than a bench QB.

1 Like

I’ve initiated the crazy filter…so

1 Like

Indeed, seems a good site!

1 Like

They go hand in hand Hector. Dak MUST improve his accuracy if he wants the coaches to have any faith that he can complete the plays. If your QB is missing open receivers do you call MORE pass plays? Do you open up the playbook when they can’t execute basic plays effectively? I have ALWAYS put it more on the players than the coaches. You could have Tom Landry coaching offense and Bill Belichek coaching defense and if the players don’t execute it just doesn’t matter. Dak MUST get better for us to have any chance at a playoff run…

There was absolutely NOTHING imaginative about the Cowboys offense in the 90’s - everyone knew what they were going to do - they just out executed everyone (except for the 1st 5 minutes against the fortywhiners) and should have won 4 SBs in a row…

2 Likes

I get your point Scott but that’s why WR’s are working on running routes (I read Beasley was never thought that). Despite,t we can argue what percentage of guilty is due to Dak, coaches, WR’s or even on not having Zeke, I´m confident that the run game will set the pass game, then Gallup and Hurns will do their work running routes and getting separated (which no one did last year) and then Dak, with merely average performance, on simple plays, will get the job done. Again, Romo and last year Zeke, masked the free riders on the team, but now I am pretty sure that a merely improvement of Dak will get the team going. Call him a bus driver, he will get the job done, but I’m not yet convinced that he can be the franchise QB. This season will tell us that.

On a last thought, if Prescott plays convincingly, JJ will run to give him a contract, which I’m neither convinced. Dak needs to put a couple of good seasons to earn that.

I wouldn’t care if he is a bus driver as long as the last stop is the Super Bowl. I agree, I think he has to show improvement this year win or lose. It would be awesome if he was great, but my optimism level is pretty low. Hopefully last year was an aberration and not 2016

1 Like

Bleed, he was a 2nd year QB missing his LT (in spots) best RB and Dez couldn’t catch a cold in Alaska. What happened to Beasley?

yes he needs to work on accuracy, which IMO is an excuse. Did you forget how bad the playcalling was?

CB from Denver was clowning them, said their defense knew every play before they even set up at the line! Called them out to them!

2 Likes

I think the playcalling was the same as it was in 2016. The execution was not. And yes, I realize what he had missing and I don’t fault any QB for inaccurate passes thrown under duress, but he was missing WR bubble screens and slants by several yards. As a coach I am not going to get creative and go downfield if the QB can’t make accurate underneath throws. I know it sounds like I am bashing Dak, but I am not. I think he has a great mind set and the ONLY issue I have with him is accuracy. Unfortunately accuracy is the three most important things about playing QB. I hope every one of you is reminding me of how skeptical I was at the end of the season. I want the Cowboys to succeed, and by extension I want Dak to succeed. I am just allowing my forecast to be clouded by facts

1 Like

Yep, first half of the season save the denver game, the offense was cruising. the atlanta game wrecked it all

some of said “what does it say about Dak if he needs the best LT in the league to perform?” but then ignore who the backups were. I don’t even remember the name of the dude that earned his bonus check that game, but he was wrecking shop.

Once that happened, Dak could no longer feel trust in his OL, and that shook his confidence both in them and himself. I’m still just hoping he can get over that with an offseason, that’s my biggest worry for him. The did a MUCH better job at securing depth on the OL for this year.

1 Like