Cowboy Players Updates

If you guys can’t tell, I’m pretty excited about the news…already counting my chickens before they’re laid

I have pretty high hopes for him now. He has had to overcome a lot. The road he just had to go down to get reinstated was long and I’m sure very tough. If he is that committed, I can’t imagine him screwing it up again.

1 Like

I feel the same way, very confident that first of all he is a new person and then after the football player everyone envisioned, because he already got the mentallity and the talent was always there!

still excited about Gregory…been waiting since he was drafted to get him on the field.

if you’re looking for a way to pass 15 minutes, this is an excellent video

fun fact right here…pretty phenomenal

as bad of a pick as some think Taco to have been, this should still be somewhat encouraging

Taco, Gregory…I don’t have a clue how they work out. I am convinced there is going to be a hell of a competition at DL especially DE.

2 Likes

love it!

awesome to hear there’s some stiff competition at 1DT too

I haven’t looked to where the Woods guy came from, but like that he’s pushing Ward

1 Like

looks like there was indeed some potential…his only game so far had 3 tackles. Just has to stay healthy. Kind of weird he was on IR as recently as May though

Woods was projected to be drafted sometime between rounds five and seven or become an undrafted free agent. He is a player that is known for getting into the backfield and is capable of disrupting the offense, though, he does not do very well when double teamed. While he had a great senior season in which he was named USC’s Defensive Lineman of the Year, there were concerns due to his past injuries and had injured his chest muscle again during the NFL combine. At the NFL combine, where he was the only USC defensive lineman at the combine, he described himself as a “tough nose tackle who likes doing the dirty work”. He also had moments in his college playing career where his numbers have occasionally been questionable. This caused him to have less of an impact on the 2016 drafts. After going undrafted in the 2016 NFL Draft, Woods signed with the Tennessee Titans on May 1, 2016.[1] He was released on September 3, 2016, and was signed to the Titans’ practice squad the next day.[2] He was promoted to the active roster on December 28, 2016.[3] In one game of his rookie year, Woods recorded three tackles.

On September 2, 2017, Woods was waived by the Titans and was signed to the practice squad the next day.[4][5] He signed a reserve/future contract with the Titans on January 15, 2018.[6]

On May 17, 2018, Woods was waived/injured by the Titans and was placed on injured reserve.[7] He was released with an injury settlement on May 22, 2018 in order to make room on the roster for offensive tackle John Theus.

Some of the best news! Glad for Jaylon!

From Calvin Watkins— [TheAthleticDFW ]
Maliek Collins said he probably won’t play in the preseason. He said the goal is Week 1 at Carolina.

Which means it wouldn’t be week 1 either…coaches take it really slow with these guys, if he doesn’t play in preseason because of injury, I wouldn’t expect him week 1

it’s a little different with guys who were able to go through camp and everything, but get banged up in preseason, whereas Collins is recovering from an injury that kept him out alll offseason too.

He might get very light work in week 1 I guess, but I would bet it’s not double digit snaps