Cowboy Players Updates

1 Like

This is a make or break year for Collins. I feel for him because he has been moved around, but this being his second year at tackle, he had better have a better year than last year, or I’m not all that interested in a long term expensive contract for him.

last year he started coming on the 2nd half of the season, I think he’ll be solid this year

luckily though, we don’t have to worry about it, he’s still under contract through 2019

I like Collins better at G and kick Connor out to RT but the Cowboys don’t agree with me and Collins prefers T

what about Connor has you thinking he’d be better at OT than Collins?

His history at T while at TX. I see Collins as a mauler from his previous play at G. You know and I know you can’t tell squat until a player actually plays so I guess I’ll go with gut feeling. Likewise, you can’t say he won’t be better than Collins at T.

Collins also played OT at a very high level in college

I might not be able to say that Connor wouldn’t be better at OT than Collins…but I feel fairly comfortable saying that the OL is better with Collins at OT this year and Connor at OG

Swapping Collins yet another year back to another position, on top of starting a rookie, with OT in the NFL having a steeper learning curve than OG (sandwhiched between 2 all-pros).

Yep, leave him at T and let him continue to get better at the position. I think his one year at guard and subsequent move to T is what partially hurt him at the beginning of last year.

All the reports I have read have Connor practicing with the 1’s at G so I’m guessing that decision has been made. I’m sure the coaches know better than me. I can’t help but remember Collins play at G when he was leading a play downfield where any half ass back could just cruise. Perk just likes pulling my cord.

1 Like

Gregory reinstated!!! Let’s roll!!!