Who Will The Cowboys Target In The Draft At 19

IDK either and with Jerral driving the bus it is anybody’s guess. So, instead of acting as if I am in on the war room discussion let me guess. I’m thinking WR or S. Neither would be my priority. My top five on the Cowboys board would be Nelson, Vea, Roquan, Edmunds,or Payne. I know, I know…OG in the first round??? If it was anybody else other than Nelson then it’s a big NO.

Hi mate,just wanted to say I checked this site out and think it looks and feels great…so I signed up and look forward to this site getting up and running in full flight…and to our teams 2108 football season from the #1 Dallas fan down in Australia…Go Cowboys

I agree it looks good

Per PFF and provided by math_nerd, I did not notice La’el playing this bad.

La’el benefited from the issues at LG this year. Still did good, but needs to improve in 2018.

BTW @GSwann, thanks for checking it out! Hope others agree!

I’m sure they will,and it’s great seeing Shawn here… :slight_smile:

Howdy Winstar. The place looks good. It will look better when we start accumulating a few more personalities.

Glad to see you dooms. It will get a lot better when it is officially opens up. Plus advertising the site will help a lot. A big thanks to “Inside the Star”.

According to a report from NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, the Kansas City Chiefs have a deal in place for former Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens.

The Chiefs are now adding a big weapon on defense: They plan to sign former LB Anthony Hitchens to a deal worth $9M per year

I think it depends heavily on what happens with Dez. If he’s gone, it’s almost assuredly a WR. If Dez sticks, it could still be WR but I think that opens them up to consider BPA at a few different positions.

Hey Jess, do you have McClay’s number? If so, tell him to pull up the tape on Daurice Fountain and Steven Dunbar Jr. Then get them in here. Fountain should IMO go no earlier than the fourth and Dunbar will probably be sixth, seventh or even undrafted. He can thank me later.

Only two teams have not signed an outside free agent or traded for a player this offseason.

Dallas Cowboys
Pittsburgh Steelers

Is it just me or has this FA been unusually quiet, despite the number of teams active? I guess it’s the lack of blockbuster deals? idk Of course, I think the Vikes overpaid BIG TIME for Cousins (3yr/something like $80-mil). Crazy.

I think it’s odd that I can even ask this question. Usually have a few big contracts going out by now.

What up!!!

pick 19… DT Taven Bryan… why you ask… bc we will be re signing Lawrence… and Martin… which leaves irving as the odd man out next year… And Bryan is JJ watt like… or nkimdechee like… He is the prototype three tech… who can play LDE…
Yes we need a LB but unless we trade up for edmunds or smith i say wait until round two or trade up in round two…

I could take davenport at 19 as well… if i didnt think Lawrence re signing would be an option… and he is actually a rde unlike Lawrence and taco…

and of course i want darwin james but he will go way to high to even think about trading up…

So this would be may plan of action… if somehow james… edmunds… smith … fell id think about trading up and grabbing… if i stand pat at 19 its Bryan or if somehow davenport is there…

if not then trade back… and take evans or vander-esch…

I think jewl jefferson and possibley either esch or evans will be there at our pick in the second round… and id be happy with any of the four…

you wont find another tavan bryan or davenport in the second round…

1 Like

I’m gonna be pissed (which is normal for this time of the year being a Cowboy fan) if we don’t address LB. We need two this draft or one in FA and another in the draft. The only one I saw in FA is Bowman.

I could live with that, @primetime21, and welcome to the forum. :wave:

I don’t feel that good about it, but I think DAL wants to move Collins back to LG. The FAs they’re visiting are all either tackles or wide-outs. As far as LB, I think I’m fine with picking up a LB in rounds 2-4 and another in the 5th or 6th.

Cowboys love messing players up by constantly moving them around. Fun

Hey brother thank you!!
If the cowboys want to draft an oline guy first round it should def be a tackle… and this is my opinion why…

First off… you see what happens with this team when tyron goes out…

For the last few years i have heard many many people have a debate on who is our best oline… i have argued it to be tyron to no end…
I had the cowboys taking him the year he was drafted … yes even over watt and i still think it was the correct choice…

So i believe if we draft an oline it needs to be an offensive tackle with left tackle traits… a guy that if tyron needs to be out of the game for any period of time this guy can play left tackle… or… we have the option of letting the new guy play left and put tyron on the right…

I do not want a guard in the first round!! i think that is the worst draft strategy ever… For instance… the year we drafted Martin i had three other guards graded close to the same as martin… i kept saying we can get a guard after the first round… and those guys ended up going in the third and fourth rounds and they are all pro bowl players… tre turner gabe jackson ect…

Year after year i see guards and running backs drafted after the first round that are money… every year…

In the first round i belive you need to get your qb… left tackle… edge rusher… #1 wr and im not talking ridley who will be a good number 2… or a playmaker on defense… not guards centers RBs … Now if its like pick 28-32… ok maybe there is a time for it but most of the time… no…

third round is the money round for guards and rbs