I just bought a new car and I had to switch my tags off and I took off my Cowboys license plate cover. I haven’t put it back on yet. This is the least enthused I have ever been about an upcoming football season.
I was trying to figure out the cause and I came up with a lot of them. So I was wondering what troubles YOU most about the upcoming season, if anything. Here are just a few of the possibilities. I am sure you can come up with others…
- The receiving corps, with the departure of Witten and Bryant. Twill’s production has been uneven at best and Beas isn’t the kind of guy that is going to be a threat. That means our hopes rest in guys who have little to no experience with the Cowboys, which leads us to
- Dak Prescott – will we see the guy that took the league by storm for most of 2016 again? Just how good does he have to be with Zeke and the OL, which leads us to
- The OL. The main concern here seems to be Tyronnosaurus Smith’s health. Let’s face it, there is no replacing a healthy Tyron in terms of quality. Back issues never seem to truly go away …
- The unknown quality of the DL?
- The unknown quality of the LBs?
- The unknown quality of the DBs?
- The Ownership
- The GM
- The coaching or
- The way the league seems to have a hard on when they think of effing the Cowboys. I know I am biased, but even when I do my best to stay detached and analytical it seems like there is definite anti Cowboys bias in the league and some of its officials. It is time to get a younger batch of refs that can’t remember when the Cowboys WERE actually a good team who won’t hate us when they walk on the field.
- The leagues bungling re: the national anthem