Sullivan: Witten’s Legacy More Than Just Statistics Or A Defining Play

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2018/05/03/sullivan-witten’s-legacy-more-just-statistics-or-defining-play

I don’t like Jeff Sullivan much, but after reading this it made sad. It’s a damn shame there are Cowboys players this great who never played in a SB. I’m going to miss him. I’m sure somewhere in East Texas DayDay has a boner because of Romo and Witten’s exits from the team

1 Like

I’ve definitely gotten a little choked up a couple times today. It’ll be hard to ever replace Witten, and it’s definitely not just on the field. Class act, definition of what it should mean to be an NFL football player.

2 Likes

I like THE BALD HEAD, Sullivan is a very nice guy. As for Witten what can you say. I think the only ones who ever said anything bad about him was Marty B. and dayday.
I go to the Cowboys site to look at the 82 pics they have of Jason and they have to ruin it with Pepsi pop up adds every few pictures.
Here is my only Jason Witten story.
Somebody in the Cowboys ripped me off though. About 5 years back (or so) Jason had an add in a double Archie comic book with Mothers against Drunk Drivers. I bought 10 copies, sent them to Jason with a check (never cashed) asking him to sign them for me and 9 friends. (personalize them) and sent return packaging, addressed with postage. Tracking #. They got to the Cowboys but they never came back. Contacted Cowboys never got answer.
Feels good to get that off my chest. LOL
See ya in Canton in 5 years Jason. Hope the Boys play the Giants that game.
THANK YOU

2 Likes

They showed a speech he did last season from the Netflix thing…even JG started crying. I can’t stand this at all.

This hurts like Emmitt getting cut

3 Likes

Did Tuna cut both Emmitt and Dan Marino?

The speech or statement that gets me every time is when Roger speaks about the man in the funny hat.

It is nauseating to think of the supreme talents that were wasted here, including JW, Demarcus Ware, Tony Romo and Sean Lee. JJ did a good job at identifying the key players and keeping them, but a terrible job of surrounding those key players with a supporting cast that could take them to the promised land. I blame the “nots” in Romo and Witten’s careers directly on management.

3 Likes

Jimmy Johnson cut Marino

1 Like

in what is a rarely made comment by me I think Johnson did the right thing where Dan was concerned. Dan was never quick, but he could move around in the pocket enough to avoid the rush when it came. Following his injury he just couldn’t avoid the rush. He wasn’t going to be winning any championships and he was getting paid like a super star

that’s a great article. I really loved the quote from DiMaggio. It is too bad more athletes don’t embrace that attitude. I too got choked up before it was over

1 Like