Roger Badsmells decision on the Anthem

Again, it has nothing to do with whether the nflpa agrees or disagrees. There’s a deadline for the NFL to present rules for the season. They cannot change them mid season.

After today I have to disagree with my friend perk. According to the reliable source I heard the Government cannot tell a private entity what to do unless the action is contrary to the constitution. In other words, the NFL can tell the referees to wear pink dresses and cheerleaders to wear loose pants if they want. They can take their football and go home since they are a private company. Though the Players Association has some say in certain matters they cannot force the NFL to play by their rules.

I been wondering since the get-go but its kinda stretching it to blame Trump.

That isn’t what your previous post said and you are still wrong. The NFL can change its corporate policy at will at any time.

Trump exacerbated the situation johnny-come-lately Goodwill should have fixed in September of 16

As long as it fits within the current CBA you mean.

Or when it is NOT in the labor agreement.The CBA doesn’t cover this.

I was responding to you saying the NFL can change what it wants in its corporate at will at any time.

Has nothing to do with the government, and everything to do with dealing with the union. If there’s not a deadline for all rules to be submitted by every single year I would be absolutely blown away.

The cba doesn’t cover mid year rule changes? I doubt that.

if the nfl would just support the players stand in words like the nba does, the players probably wouldn’t make such an issue of things. this could have been resolved so easily.

I’m fine with the anthem policy decision. In reality, it is a decision that should have been made sooner. That has nothing to do with my political beliefs, but more because it never should have been acceptable to use televised pre-game to advance your personal political/social beliefs. Had the players been holding up Pro-Trump or Pro-Hillary signs two years ago during election season, we would all pretty much unanimously agree that this is not an appropriate time or place for that action.

Unfortunately, the timing of the policy is what really stinks. Once again, the Roger Goodell era of the NFL proves that it requires taking the temperature of media/social media before it can make any significant decision. Had they instituted this policy two years ago on the outset of this issue, they could have avoided 90% of the fuss and this issue would have been long-dead. To quote my buddy @haynie, in this case they’re really just “picking the scab” and whether you agree or disagree with the new policy, it is clear that it has had the effect of putting this issue front and center for the umpteenth time over the last couple years.

Well said. Now some are talking boycott unless Kaepernick and Reed are signed to a team.

The US Government PAYS the NFL to play the national anthem, they should have a say in how it is handled

Well, that rumor was started by a man named Shaun King (not the football player, but a political activist with the same name). I wouldn’t put a lot of stock into anything that comes from King’s Twitter feed, to be honest.

Just last week he blew up a story coming out of Dallas where a woman claimed she was sexually assaulted by a cop during a DUI arrest. He tweeted about it, including the cops full name, and of course the cop then was bombarded with death threats from King’s ~1 million Twitter followers. The only problem? The woman made up the entire thing, and the cop was immediately proven innocent when the police department released two hours of unedited bodycam video (with audio) that not only proved the claims were false, but that the cop was actually exceptional in how he handled the situation. The lady’s own attorney has already even come out and said his client’s claims were clearly a fabrication.

Just an example of the kind of integrity Shaun King carries when he chooses to Tweet about something. My guess is he probably had a single player message him telling him he wants to boycott until Kaep and Reid are signed. The only problem is that such a boycott would cost a star player literally millions of dollars in fines and lost salary. There’s just no way that’s actually happening.

Shaun King aka Talcum X aka Martin Luther Cream Jr.

I think all these Colon supporters need to be reminded that Krappystink voided the last year of his deal with the Fortywhiners, believing he was so good that lots of teams would be knocking at his door. The egotistical moron. So now the league should be punished for his behavior at work and his stupidity in general? I don’t think so, Tim.

:100::100::100:He is by far the WORST Commissioner in the history of the NFL!!! Am restraining from saying anything about the other afore mentioned human (please refer to 5th word for nice adjective) I too wish fans could vote about him and several other things as well. IE Bring Dez BACK