Its Time to MOCK! Lets have some fun! Feel free to pick my mock apart!

With Edmunds smith and james all off the board the cowboys elect to trade down. Getting pick 13 in the second round and an extra 4th.

Round 1 Pick 31 (N.E.): Bryan, Taven, DT/DE, Florida – Penetrating DT with comparisons to JJ Watt… Hard nosed player that has amazing get off and great functional strength. Potentially saves the cowboys from shelling out big bucks to Irving next year.
Round 2 Pick 13 (G.B.): Okoronkwo, Ogbonnia, DE/OLB- Pass rushing Beast. Great first step and surprising power. Could potentially start day one at RDE or at Strong side LB. I believe he is the best pass rusher in this class.

Round 2 Pick 18 (DAL): Jefferson, Malik, ILB, Texas- The pick here came down between WR or LB Jewl… I chose Jefferson based off of the fact he is a hard nosed player with high character and great athletic ability. Jefferson is a bit raw but playing next to sean lee I believe he could learn fast.

Round 3 Pick 17: Edmunds, Terrell, SS, Virginia Tech – Playmaking S that we desperately need. Can cover well in man or zone and can tackle in the open field.

*** trade… two fourths and two sixths to move up and take…

Round 3 Pick 24 (DAL): Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State- The cowboys believe Jones to be a starting OT in a year. One who can start at LT or RT. A big man that is Athletic much like tyron smith.

Round 4 Pick 16: Scarbrough, Bo, RB, Alabama- Another big athletic rb to pound the rock. If Elliot misses time the cowboys don’t miss a beat.

Round 5 Pick 34: Fountain, Daurice, WR, Northern Iowa – This one is for my friend tom! Athletic wr with solid size… Will go up and get the ball. To good of talent to pass up… BPA approach with this pick. He is such a talent I have no doubt he will make the team. Bad news for Williams or beasly.

Round 6 Pick 34: DeLuca, Nick, ILB, North Dakota State- Im going to back up my bid for a starting mike lb… if Jefferson can not get down the mental aspect… I am sure this guy can. Small school LB with a nose for the football.

I would be okay with that haul. I really like the Jefferson and Fountain picks. Fountain had a ridiculously good pro day, and if we can somehow get him in the 5th I will be ecstatic. I also like the DeLuca pick. I believe he is being vastly underrated and to get him in the 6th would be money to me.

1 Like

Thanks man… Winstar put me on Fountain… and like st brown i like the name… haha
I actually tried to trade up into the second again for st brown or washington.

1 Like

And im glad to see someone like jefferson besides myself.

I have a buddy who is a UT fan and he isn’t that high on him, but I really like what I see out of him. I think he is a high ceiling kind of guy.

Yes and for those that know me i am a high ceiling drafter lol

For instance i had danille hunter as a first round guy… jordan willis… david johnson just to name a few… oh and myles jack… And a reason i was high on anthony barr going even further back.

What i see in jack is a transcendent player… i have not seen a lb with those type of coverage and ball skills since darron woodson… if all things equal and smith and jack been both healthy i think jack would be the better pick bc of that… not that smith wouldnt have been a great player just that jack is a rare player due to his skills covering for the position.

Wouldn’t mind a Guard or WR earlier, hard to disect without the other teams. Where did you figure Vander Esch would go?

I think he went 24 in this draft