Four NFL teams that will disappoint fan bases in 2018, including the Dallas

Whatever you fucking geek

1 Like

La Canfora is a fool in an analyst clothing. These cluster f**** try and try to act like they know something.

there are far too many young players on this team for anyone to have a real feel for what is going to happen. If they turn into studs this team could be dominant. If they turn into duds this team could be a doormat.

2 Likes

I don’t know how disappointed I can be when I’m thinking the season could be anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6

if anyone is expecting a hard 12+ win season, then it’s really on them more than it is on the team

I don’t know how to predict wins and losses without seeing them play for real. I would not be any more surprised by them going 13-3 as in Prescott’s rookie year than I would them going 8-8.

1 Like

Here’s the things I’m most concerned about going into the season.

1. Can the coaches put together offensive game plans that utilize this receiver group effectively? We don’t have a true #1 receiver, but we have increased the speed and utility of the position, and have a very deep group of #2/#3 receivers. With good route combinations we can have a very respectable passing attack without having to really send any of them to the probowl.

2. This one heavily depends on #1, more of sub clause to 1 than a true #2. Can Dak regain his confidence and play smart, effective, ball control offense? I think if #1 is taken care of it goes a very long ways to easing concern about Dak. He can look All-Pro if the offense is designed correctly. There is still a bit of concern about lasting effects of the 2nd half of 2017 though. Atlanta shattered his confidence the rest of the season, and it showed. Can he move on from those final 8 games?

3. The safety position. All across the secondary we have some young, hungry talent. The corner group I think is very solid with guys that can be successful at not giving up the big plays as well as getting us turnovers. The safety group though is largely a question mark with limited tested experience. We have young hungry talent there as well, but I don’t think we’ve seen enough to know whether they’re fully trustworthy when it comes to play diagnosis and taking correct angles. Jeff Heath seems to have a good nose for the ball, but I think we’re still looking for that deep centerfielder that makes QBs second guess throwing the 20+ yarders.

4. DT. Mostly the 1 tech position. David Irving at this point has solidified himself as an excellent 3tech DT. His athleticism allows him to make plays in both the run game and put a large amount of pressure on the QB when he drops back. Collins can also play 3tech and make a difference when Irving needs a break or misses some time. 1tech though, we have a couple guys that can hold their ground relatively well, but we struggle to see them effect the game too much. It’s not just the stat line, I don’t think they require double teams often enough to keep our LBs as clean as we want. A half decent combo block puts them in position to be handled 1 on 1 while the 2nd guy is free to move to the 2nd level. I probably put this a ways below the other 3 concerns. Our defense could really use a boost here, but I don’t think it’s gamebreaking now with the depth of the LB position, especially with Jaylon practicing without his brace. First round really needed to be either a difference making 1tech like vea, or a starting quality LB, at the very least as insurance against Jaylon still not being ready to be a full time backer and Lee getting hurt. We got the LB, and that keeps us from being desperate against the run game at this point.

2 Likes

This is beautiful…I hope the coaches show up. One thing that was lost in 2017 was how much Linehan relied on sweep movements and RPO. They were taken away when Whitehead was let go (no respect the speed by the D) and Elliott missing games. As much as I harp on the ATL game, Greene could have been hidden if they had those elements.

That being said coaching still makes me nervous

1 Like

very nervous

1 Like

This is spot on how I feel going into this season. Well said.

2 Likes

One thing I will say, there’s way too much talent on this team. Sure they’re young, sure there are holes. Every team has them.

The margin for error is small with these guys, and the coaching HAS to be on point. With some luck and decent guidance they can win a lot of games

1 Like