Dallas Cowboys: Will Terrance Williams have a breakout season?

Here we go! People talk about Williams being a body catcher. My issue with his has been he’s always looking for help. Help from the refs, help from the QB instead of trying to impose his will.

I disagree quite a bit with the article. Not so much in the decreasing numbers from Williams, but in the idea that he’ll have a better year this year. The offense will be featuring guys that can get separation quick off the ball, and while Dez is gone, there’s still Hurns. Beasely hasn’t gone anywhere, they picked up a burner for a deep threat, they drafted Gallup who will severely cut into Williams’ snaps as the season progresses, and I still think they’ll work on getting Brown some more snaps with his blocking ability and similar receiving traits. On top of that, they’ll be looking to incorporate Austin as a dunbar/whitehead combination.

I’m not certain they don’t eat the cap space later in the offseason letting Williams go once they feel comfortable about Dak getting a relationship with these other guys and if we don’t have a significant injury to the group.

The future is pretty bleak for Williams…regardless what he does this year, he won’t be wearing the star next year.

1 Like

Well, ya’ll know I like Williams. Just like Free an underrated player. Tired of arguing one way or the other so I’ll let it be. AND as it was with Free I’m always open to an upgrade at any position.

1 Like

I’ve liked/defended Williams as well

With Romo under center, Williams was consistently near the top of the league in yds/reception (as the article said). That made him a very solid #2 to dez.

With the offense changing though, we’re already seeing how he doesn’t necessarily fit anymore. I’m not pushing him out the door, just don’t see his stay lasting much longer, and unfortunately for him, he hit FA after Dak took over, and so I don’t think he’ll be able to cash in on the monster FA contracts these mediocre receivers are getting lately.

2 Likes

Hey, if he didn´t build chemestry with Dak last two seasons and besides now the scheme will change, I don´t think he will have a “breakout season”. For his misfortune he doesn´t have anymore a QB that makes him (and almost any WR) shine. That good was Romo.

For me, Dallas will take six WRs in the likes of Allen Hurns, Cole Beasley, Deonte Thompson, Noah Brown, Michael Gallup and Cedric Wilson. T-Will has an uphill battle to win a spot at the roster.

I think T-Will makes the roster this year, but he very well may not be back after this season. It all depends on how Gallup. Hurns, and Wilson shake out.

2 Likes

He (TWill) could very well be gone and maybe as soon as this season. I have read he may be able to return to action around TC. That doesn’t bode well when he is competing against the newbees. I’ll not cry either way but I gotta tell ya fans have, for the most part, disrespected his play for years. If he gets beat out, that’s part of the game and I’ll just say thanks for your service.

3 Likes

Win, after Emmitt was cut my loyalty went with HIM. Now if I was forced to see Witten in another uniform that would hurt. Right now the closest thing to that could be Elliott if he lives up to his pedigree. That’s going to take a few years.

1 Like

Besides, if T Wills foot doesn’t heal in time he’ll be put on limited IR (maybe)

1 Like

My emotional ties to the current roster is much less as far as the roster goes. I’m still 100% a fan of the star. It may actually be best for me this way. It took a lot out of me when Romo was shown the door without a chance to compete. Emmitt, Troy, Moose, Novacek and others hurt when it happened but it was so long ago I’m over it. As for Zeke, as long as he holds off the competition and keeps his nose clean to avoid suspension then I’m good. I still haven’t decided about Prescott.

1 Like

Funny you mention IR…As much as I like Williams I would without a doubt put him on IR. WR’s are crowded and I want to look at all of them and it prevents Williams from rushing back before he is ready and allow him time to heal.

3 Likes

AND most likely a guy would struggle or get hurt. He would be welcome in that capacity

1 Like

Brake out season? Michael Gallup & Noah Brown. After that I have no clue. We have Williams, Beasley and the two Vets we signed and one traded for. After that I don’t know. Austin should benefit more from the two young studs because they will surprise the D’s. Look for our rookie TE Schultz to have better #'s than Jason did last year. He will be the biggest brake out performer. Before the season is over you will be surprised by our receiving core not an old face on the field starting.
Brown, Gallup, Austin & Schultz. (Dalton, I thought you were bigger)

the departure of dez will be good for t.will and Beasley, both who allowed the petulant player to influence them way too much. t.will did best when dez wasn’t around. he was just too willing to be second fiddle to the petulant player. t.will and Beasley both had decreased production last year due to the overly simplistic 90’s offense run by garrett. Stephen seems to have mandated that’s going to change. if not, I predict a new oc and hc next year.

2 Likes

facts

in my best joe friday voice. “just the facts”.

cern: Joe Friday walks into a bar to question a suspect. Another big guy at the table starts to stand up. Friday looks hard at him and says, “If you aint growing sit down”. They thug sits down. In all my stupid young bar days I always wanted to use that but never got the chance. Better off!

1 Like