Dallas Cowboys: The Cowboys have a new culture

Is this true…or is it money?

Maybe somebody is finally putting the muzzle on Jerry. TBH I’m glad they didn’t sign Watkins. The guy can’t stay on the field, and disappears for periods.

1 Like

I think there has definitely been a bit of a shift lately. I don’t have my hopes high that Jerry will fully back off, but just the releases of Ware and Bryant signals there has been some sort of change. Jerry on his own would never have released those two players. I’m quite sure he had to be talked into it. So, while there is definitely a shift in the MO from the front office, I’d like to see it sustained longterm before my hopes for a SB return.

2 Likes

I would also add, would like to know where this shift gets us

change isn’t always for the better…and while there are some pluses to dez’s departure, I’m still not sold that it was good timing.

1 Like

As much as I’ve defended Dez in the past, it’s obvious he wasn’t into it those last few games. I think he wanted Garrett and Linehan out

While I believe players have the most to do with winning games, coaching can have an effect on outcome. I don’t trust Linehan to put players in positions to win. Not even going to mention how I feel about JG right now

If releasing Bryant was about the amount of money and the lack of production than I have to ask why Crawford’s ass is still on the roster.

1 Like

That’s a damn good question. An even better question is why in hell we signed him to that contract to begin with?

2 Likes

Maybe they like it lol

Crawford has a good bit of dead money left on his contract. $3.1 million a year over the final three years of his deal. $9.3 million isn’t nothing. Goes down by a third next year tho, and a post-June 1st cut this year wouldn’t be too bad.

1 Like