Dallas Cowboys camp war: Bo Scarbrough vs. Darius Jackson

Not exactly sure why DC fans should be excited over a guy who’s been waived/injured up to this point in his career. While I do agree they should have cut McFadden before last season (DC fans got all over me about him and Alfred Morris, in retrospect I was right) to give the young guys a shot, this guy wouldn’t have beaten Rod Smith anyway.

Why wouldn’t you give him a look. Best players Play. I thought Morris did a good job, Smith too but Morris is without a job and the Cowboys SHOULD be trying to get the best player to complete the backfield.

1 Like

I love the fact that we are bringing in competition at many positions. One of my biggest complaints for many years has been that the Cowboys have been complacent about the players already on the team. Make these players earn their spots. It’s quite refreshing to watch.

3 Likes

Amen brother…looks like a different philosophy is starting to rear its head in Dallas. Imagine that…actual competition.

2 Likes

At this point, all that DJ brings to the table can be done by Rod Smith who, by the way, is healthier. Sure DJ is more complete than Bo, but Bo’s edge is on the goal line as a cracker. Catching abilities? Tavon and Rod already cover those areas. So all I see is redundancy, even if the decision is merely done on durability. Maybe, just maybe is a simple contrition act for having chosen McFadden, labeled as “everyone must compete for their position”. Long, long shot for DJ.

1 Like

And, that very well may be how it shakes out. But, for once, let Training Camp decide that. Don’t go into camp with a predetermined roster. Make every one of them earn their spot.

2 Likes

How do we know at this point what DJ brings to the table. I think that is exactly what lamtdg was talking about and I know it is what I’m thinking and that is let competition decide who brings what. Hell, DJ has practically been injured since he got off the plane in Cleveland.

Then, let the hunger games begin! I already can feel the preasure, because if the best players are chosen and coaches fail, I can see it coming! No more complacement!

2 Likes

GOLD!

1 Like

As for me, that’s exactly what I want to see. Put quality players on the field and lets see if the coaches know what to do with them. Personally I’m not sure Linehan has a clue. Other than Linehan I think the players and the new coaches can save his job if he would only stand on the sidelines and clap.

2 Likes

Exactly. Leave Garrett no more excuses. If he fails with this team and with competition and depth in place, it makes it almost impossible to keep him around.

3 Likes

Linehan makes me nervous. It’s make or break for him in 2018

2 Likes

is it bo vs dj, or tavon Austin vs dj?

Hopefully his body has developed so he can handle the contact. Everyone talks about him like he has tremendous upside. I wonder how he is in pass protection

We’ll find out…I don’t know that he can beat out Bo and the others but I know this…he showed a lot of talent the one preseason we saw him and many fans were frustrated when he was released for McFadden.

1 Like

being a vet, I’d imagine he’s better than the rookie in at least that area.

1 Like

Thanks to the few who keep the site alive. Especially lamtdg, the dude has his own site yet he visits and often provides input here. Thanks to all and hopefully it picks up now that football is back to talk about. Even if it is only OTA’s.

2 Likes

Did you guys see the article I posted about Jaylon Smith?

Speaking of Competition…
http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2018/05/30/rod-marinelli-compete-job

1 Like