Cowboys WR Noah Brown deserves expanded role in 2018 offense

Hopefully he can. And to be clear, I hope he was misused in Jac, that would add to his value for me.

Here is a quote from an interview with Hurns.

Why did your numbers go down last season?

It’s a number of reasons. To start off, I missed 11 games in the last two seasons. As far as the NFL, you’ve got to be available each and every week. Also, if you look at the tape I primarily played slot [last season] whereas the first two years I was on the outside and slot.

Have you looked at his weekly averages during the last 3 years to see what his production actually was when healthy? Totals don’t matter if games were missed.

Here are his stats per game over the last 3 years. See how in 2015 when he played as much outside as in the slot his numbers were ridiculously better? Keep in mind Nathaniel Hackett was promoted to OC from QB coach for them after the 2015 season. Just an interesting thing to note.

Didn’t they also change HC around that time? Rings a bell.

What bothers me most about his stats there are the games. 16, 15, 11, and 10 last year. That’s a very discouraging trend.

1 Like

Yep, Doug Marrone took over the same year (2016) as interim and was confirmed the next year as permanent HC.

Thought so. Lot of factors to account for there when looking at his production.

Yep, and that’s why I was really happy about the signing. The kid has already had a 1,000 yard season, and he is still relatively young. Get me another couple of WRs in the draft and watch that corps prosper.

1 Like

Oh, oh, oh…I got him some help…I know you haven’t heard of him…Daurice Fountain…lol… And Steven Dunbar Jr in the undrafted department.

Williams is a fine player, but his inconsistency is maddening. He’ll make a spectacular sideline grab like he did in Seattle, but he’ll struggle with seemingly simple stuff on a curl route or a crossing route.

He’s a fine WR 2 or 3 in our run first offense. Not against him, just think his consistency issues after what 5 years in the league are frustrating.

1 Like

Great thing about the Hurns signing was that it was low risk and you can get out next year if you don’t like what he does for you this year.

He also doesn’t keep you from going WR at 19 or 50.

1 Like

Very similar to Alvin Harper.

Thanks for the discussion. I love it

1 Like

Hello

Greetings