Cowboys Next Move?

I doubt the Cowboys look to FA to replace Hanna but here is what Stephen had to say about the TE position.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan said they still really like their TE depth despite James Hanna retiring. Spoke highly of Geoff Swaim, said Blake Jarwin has “special upside” and called Rico Gathers “a work in progress” who “has all the skills to really do unique things.”

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/03/29/sources-cowboys-de-randy-gregory-course-apply-reinstatement

Thus ends a very disappointing career. I had high hopes for Hanna coming in, but between Jason Witten and the running game he never really turned into the player I (and the Cowboys) was hoping for. In any event I wish him well.

Cowboys VP Stephen Jones on @1053thefan talking about Randy Gregory applying for reinstatement in the near future: “That would just be amazing if he can get this done…Boy, what a wonderful situation that would be to get him back.”

Gregory, no failed tests since July 2016…there may yet be hope

and that would most certainly be an absolute miracle

he has all the things you want from a RDE. Come midseason he could be hitting stride and our defensive front would be terrifying for QBs…DLaw, Irving, Gregory…hold on, I might have just peed a little

2 Likes

Imagine if we somehow got Vea on top of all that. Very well could be the best DL in the league.

2 Likes

where’s that dam “I LOVE this post” button…

2 Likes

I sent a note to Gregory about 6 months back, the Cowboys returned it. I am hoping it was because the NFL still had them under the no contact rule. So at the end of March or beginning of April I sent one again to him this time in c/o of Jerry. So far that one has not been returned.
I just told him all a man has that nobody except himself can take from him is his name and asked him would he be proud of the way his name will remembered in the NFL?