Cowboy News

I think the PDs are afraid of what message it would send if they prosecuted that stuff. The whole politically correct mindset that men are still the dominaters of women scares them, which is a whole other problem. Women should feel comfortable reporting shit, but men should be protected from them reporting bullshit. Question is, how?

1 Like

Who gives a shit about PC? If a person tries to ruin someone’s life by lying about them then they should be prosecuted for it. There are already laws on the books. They just need to be enforced. And, they should be enforced to the extent of those laws.

Okay, screw this. Brought up a valid point and you’re acting like PC doesn’t matter to a bunch of politicians. What’s the point?

I’m trying to understand your point. Politicians have nothing to do with it. I’m talking about our law enforcement and judicial system. PC shouldn’t matter when one person is lying to ruin another person’s life. They should be prosecuted and do jail time.

Politicians have everything to do with it. District Attorneys are elected, as are sheriffs and judges, and police chiefs/captains are appointed by someone who is elected. Brings PC very much into the issue because they don’t generally do things that could cost them votes. And they play it too safe on top of the already ridiculous extents to which PC goes. It’s a crap shoot. But what Irving’s girl did is the exception, not the rule. Most end up more like Zeke (a big fat question mark with evidence on both sides). Assumptions and conclusions don’t mean much here, no matter how well founded.

1 Like

So, are you condoning this type of system? I’m seriously just asking. Because, my whole point is that I disagree with this being allowed to happen without consequence.

Not condoning it, but not willing to let the cure become the disease either. Some solutions do more harm than good. So, this probably isn’t a law thing as much as it is a tort thing. But what kind of contract can be had when dating? Then it becomes a money thing, which only fuels the fire since a threat of a claim gets paid off, forcing extortion as the norm. Complicated problem, to say the least.

1 Like

Well I’m behind the times but I think women have come along way and at times take things to the extreme. I would probably be in jail with the way things have changed. If you don’t ask certain women out in the proper way it can be harassment. If you tell a woman she looks nice it can be sexual harassment. I hope single folks are recording their dates. Make sure you turn the camera off if sex is involved, that’s another crime.

It’s crazy. I hate PC bullshit, refuse to take part in any way. It’s gotten to the point that we can’t state facts, irrefutable information that is incapable of change, thereby changing the unchangeable. Alas, a spade is, in fact, a spade.

1 Like

Tort only really works if the defendant has any money. There is no damage that can be fixed in tort if an NFL player has his life and living ruined for him costing him millions of dollars. There should be consequences is a person has been proven to lie about someone else, whether it causes jail time for the one they lied about or the loss of job status. And, I’m talking not only NFL players, but anyone. It’s silly they can just spew whit without any worries about retribution.

GALLUP is a Cowboy and I’m liking him already. Listen to his call from the Cowboys where he gets the news that he is now a Cowboy. The Governor of TX breaks the news.

My evals kinda went to hell in a handbasket after the third round but going back and looking after the fact looks like this could be another strong draft. Be glad when we see who they bring in to fill out that 90.

1 Like

“Pet Cat time”, I’ve boiled it down to Connor or Gallup. Connor has the edge simply because he is OL. lol, May have to go with both. Absolutely love seeing rookies that want it so bad. Now I gotta figure out if it’s the love of the game and the team they went to or if it is the money.

1 Like

Mayock said Vander Esch was the best zone drop LB he’s scouted since Luke Kuechly.

2 Likes

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2018/04/28/draft-notebook-witten-update-what’s-next-safety-qb-competition-more?sf188080527=1

1 Like

Yeah, if he can stay healthy, he will be the steal of the draft. A duo of him and Zeke will punish teams.