A special player no one is talking about... At a position of need.. This is a must read

Ok don’t stop reading… I believe we have a position of need on this team and it is RDE… The RDE needs to be a great pass rusher off the edge… A guy that makes the qb worry from the snap…
That player was supposed to be Randy Gregory… he had that elite first step and length but we know his story so i wont go into it.

Taco can play the spot… but he is better suited on the left side especially in a year or two… He can play both sure… But we need a true RDE.

Lawrence is a LDE but lets be honest our cap situation isnt good and it will get far worse next year… Martin will command the largest guard contract in league history…
Lawrence may do the same for DE
And if irving plays an entire year at the pace he was going he will break the bank as well…

So what if we could get a stud RDE and taco comes around… now all the sudden we dont have to pay Lawrence a trillion dollas…

Ok ok so there are people who want to keep Lawrence… ok so what if taco never comes around… ok ok so lets say taco does come around…

Im ok with having three stud pass rushers! And you can get all three on the field at the same time in different situations.

Now you ask who is the player… Well if your talking first round that player is Marcus Davenport… and dont give me the small school thing… D Ware was small school.

Ok so you don’t want to do it in the first round… i can respect that…

What if in the second Ogbonnia Okoronkwo is there?? I am hearing nothing on him… He is not being mentioned as a first round pick in many mock drafts…

Okoronkwo is an absolute beast on the field… relentless… elite burst off the edge… he has power against the run and when bull rushing.

The knock on him is his size bc he is 6’1 254… the weight isnt the issue…

But he has long arms so don’t let his height fool you he has length at almost 34 inch arms which is actually better for leverage.

Go watch him against Texas hes going against a potential first round OT and i dare you to tell me im wrong.

I want you to take into account he was the only threat OU had on the defense so teams game planned against him.

1 Like

That’s a good article Prime. Except now I gotta go look a bunch of players up…lol

I think they need to decide that the identity of the offense and defense is going to be in the offensive and defensive lines. That means they must hit on draft picks and FA while not being afraid to let guys walk. I feel like a guard at 19 should be the pick and then a trade back into the first to get the pass rusher and then wr and on down the line.

I’m convinced they are thinking hard about moving Collins back to Guard so I’m thinking OT more than G.

Here is a player that I feel deserves a hard look. He will either go late round or undrafted IMO but we need some depth and who knows he may be one of those guys that starts somewhere.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37177353/jmus-aaron-stinnie-has-good-shot-at-nfl-after-all-american-career

1 Like