Will the bo pick end up being better then the elliot pick?

I want to start off by saying Bo is not as good of a player as elliott…
However i do want to ask how big of a gap of talent is there between the two…?
In my opinion both are big fast runners… Ill give elliiott the nod on pass protection… but that skill is more about want to and having a normal iq… pass catching… elliott however elliott really hasnt been used all that much catching the ball…

so lets say elliott on a rb ranking scale is a 9.3 and bo is an 8.0… now look at where they where drafted…
Elliot top 4 draft pick… a position where most clubs get a franchise LT qb DE or a super star wr or defensive player that is with the team for 10 plus years…

OK so elliott fans say well elliott will be with the team for his carrer…

But will he? our third round rb d murry ran behind this oline and ended up being to expensive to keep…

This oline makes average players good… and good players great…

Even alfred morris… who currently doesnt even have a job averaged more yards then elliott this year… no alfred isnt better but again the oline made him look good… and he cant find a job…

even old man mcfadden rushed for 1000 yards without romo or dez… teams loading the box and didnt even start the whole year…

I doubt it, mainly because of the injury issues. I do hope he stays healthy, though, because he would be the perfect complement to Zeke.

Bo will be a great pick, if he stays healthy.

There are 2 main differences between the them. Bo is way too high cut (and thus has trouble staying healthy), he can be an excellent depth back but I don’t think could ever be a franchise workhorse. Elliot is also much better at changing direction, and acceleration. They both hit very high speeds and can go the distance if given room. Elliot, though, can find room better with his ability to plant and drive towards daylight. Bo doesn’t have that kind of ability. He can get going in a direction, but once he makes that move, he’s not diverting from that path.

I think the gap is bigger than 9.8 and 8.0. It’s closer to 9.8 to 6.

Bo is a great pick if you have a workhorse, but he should never chase anyone out the door for the lead back spot.

3 Likes

interesting take perk… i didnt realize he was so injury prone… i also have seen over the last ten years that the high cut thing doesnt mean much… peterson murry henry all high cut guys who have been fine… i think bo is better then a 6… but lets compromise and say he is a 6.8 and can stay healthy… picked in the 6th round i believe if he was the starter he would rush for 1200 yards at least… now if health is an issue like you say then i agree with you that he cant even be close to what elliot is. But i find that health in the nfl is more so about luck in most cases… unless he has genetically something wrong with him… like weak hamstrings or degenerative knees or something like that.

my prediction is that all will see how good he is in the preseason… and i think many people will change their tune on him… in a positive way…

I don’t think Murray ever played 16 games… Adrian Peterson is a freak, comparisons to him are useless. Henry also hasn’t been a lead back yet.

Wonder if Bo can fight Jackson off. Will be interesting.